The Blaenafon, Cwmbran and Pontypool Older Peoples Forums meet every month to discuss issues that are relevant to the Strategy for Older People in Wales.
The purpose of the Forums is to inform the Torfaen Older Persons Strategy and Welsh Government's Strategy for Older People in Wales – a 10 year plan with 5 key aims:
- To tackle discrimination against older people promoting positive images of ageing giving older people a stronger voice in society.
- Promote and develop older people's capacity to continue to work and learn
- To promote and improve the health and well-being of older people
- To promote the provision of high quality services which enable older people to live as independently as possible in a suitable and safe environment
- To implement the Strategy for Older People providing a basis for effective planning for an ageing population
If you are Aged 50+ and want your views to be known please join us at one of the forums
Cwmbran Fifty Plus Forum
Venue: Cwmbran Library
Date: The FOURTH Tuesday in the month (Except in December)
Time: 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm.
Blaenafon Older Persons Forum
Venue: Baker Street Housing Complex
Date: The FIRST Tuesday in the month
Time: 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm
Senior Active Support (Pontypool)
Venue: Torfaen People's Centre, Trosnant, Pontypool
Date: The SECOND Wednesday in the month
Time: 1.30 pm - 3.30 pm.
For Further Information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified on: 05-12-2018