Club news will be regularly posted here. Also see the club notice boards..
New bowlers welcome.
If there is anyone out there who is interested in a friendly game of bowls, this applies to ladies or gents, and do not know where to start, then come along to our bowling green and speak to one of the members, we would be very happy to help you get started
28th January 2021
News from Eastern Valley
Hope you are all well and have managed to avoid COVID. I assume you are still secretaries for your respective clubs, (apologies if you are not as i have not been informed) If this is the case could you forward to the new secretary and ask him to inform me please (many thanks). Could you also pass this email on to your fixture secretaries please.
I have had a few enquiries in the last few days regarding the league for 2021.
1. Please find attached the proposed fixtures for 2021. Basically the same fixtures as last year but different dates.
2. This format will go ahead pending the relaxation of the COVID restrictions that may be imposed at the time to the start of the season.
3. In the event that the league does not start we will look at how we proceed with a competition later in the year if restrictions are not relaxed early on. (looking at options)
4. If you have any thoughts on options please let me know.
5. As you know we did not have an AGM at the end of last season and the present officers Chair, Secretary, Fixtures Secretary and Treasurer have confirmed they are willing to continue this season.
6. A meeting ( if required) will not be arranged until restrictions allow.
If you have any questions or views on the above please let me know.
In the meantime STAY SAFE
E-Mail Received from MBA 28/1
It is with great sadness, that I have to report the death of a bowling friend and colleague, Alan York.
Alan had been a valued member of Blaenavon Bowls Club for many years and was a lovely character with a fantastic sense of humour. He will be sadly missed.
Please kindly circulate to all clubs.
Bill Jones Hon Secretary Blaenavon Bowls Club
Further communication fromMBA
Last year 2020 bowling season was affected due to the coronavirus Covid 19 with the government applying strict regulations and lockdowns. Many clubs are to be congratulated on the hard work and tenacity to open the bowling greens under intense scrutiny and profound guidelines. Some even managed to play open competitions under these restrictions.
The Welsh government still has us under lockdown, we urge you all to take their advice and hopefully help eradicate this disease and we can then return to some sort of a new normality later this year.
At our recent MBA Executive meeting held via zoom on Sunday 24th January, the executive has asked me to send a statement to our clubs and to be downloaded to our members on the forthcoming 2021 bowls season.
a) All MBA league and GBL fixtures are on our website.
b) County & Presidents games are rearranged, waiting confirmation.
c) Competitions entries are ready for the draw which will occur when we can meet one and another from different households.
d) A sub-committee is to be set up to look at various scenarios and contingency plans for our leagues and competitions this season.
We remain positive & optimistic that outdoor bowls will happen albeit in a perhaps a different format this season. Please remember there must be a covid officer at each club when opening your bowling greens.
MBA executive is working diligently behind the scenes to enable bowls to be played in a safe environment with social distancing this season and will send out regular updates as we still cannot meet as a management committee until restrictions are eased.
All stay safe and well.
Paul Watkins MBA secretary
Last Modified on: 21-02-2021