E.V.B.A. Competition Rules
1. All competitions shall be open to all male bowlers of Clubs affiliated to the E.V.B.A.
2. Each Club will be supplied with an entry form which when completed shall be returned to the Competition Secretary by the date shown.
3. The draw shall be made and printed in the competition handbook and all competitors will receive a copy.
4. ALL MATCHES SHALL BE PLAYED IN GREY TROUSERS & WHITE OR COLOURED TOPS.
5. All competitions shall be played in accordance to the handbook.
6. All singles matches will be 21 shots, all pairs and fours 21 ends and all triples 18 ends.
7. Each competitor of any singles, O/60s singles, O/60s pairs tournament drawn at home shall offer their opponent three (3) dates on which the match can be played. N.B. Saturday or Sunday only by mutual consent.
8. Under normal conditions all matches will be played at a mutually arranged time, but not later than 6.30pm.
9. Pairs, Triples and Fours matches are scheduled on specific days and dates shown in the handbook. Matches may be played prior to times stated in the handbook by mutual consent.
10. NO GAMES SHALL BE PLAYED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE IN THE HANDBOOK.
11. Any competitor who refuses to play on dates offered or who fails to appear on the date agreed will be eliminated from the competition.
12. A reserve player may be nominated for Pairs, Triples and Fours provided the nomination is received before the first round is played. The reserve player may play in any position but must relinquish his position when the original player returns.
13. When a game is stopped, either by mutual consent or by the Umpire after an appeal for bad weather or light or any other valid reason it shall resume with the scores as they were when the game was stopped.
14. Any disputes that may arise during a game shall be decided by the mutually agreed umpire selected before the start except in the case of the Semi Finals and Finals when the umpire shall be appointed by the Competitions Secretary.
15. Only in a singles competition may a competitor transfer his entry to another club.
16. The Semi Finals and Finals will be played on the dates stated in the handbook at a green selected by the Competitions Secretary.
17. The winner of a match must advise the Competition Secretary of the result not later than 2 days after the match has been played. If no result is received after the 2 days away players will go through.
18. If any competition is cancelled due to inclement weather the home player must re-arrange the match within 7 days. Failure to do this then away players go through. Home player to notify the Competition Secretary if game is cancelled.
M.B.A. Semi Final take preference over E.V.B.A. competitions same rule applies.
Competition Secretary - Steve Probert
8, Morgan Street Blaenavon
Results Taken before 10.00pm Tel. 01495 790767 - Mobile 07714 272739
Last Modified on: 05-12-2018