MONDAY 22 JUNE 2020
Due to COVID-19 restrictions have to be put in place to meet Welsh Government requirements.
• Off-site booking system or rink allocation 1 hour Sessions
• Minimum of 30 minutes between allocated time slots to enable players to arrive/depart safely, allowing time in between sessions for members to sanitise all equipment before and after use.
• Clubs to communicate in advance with players to advise on social distancing requirements that are being applied on arrival at the club – for example not leaving cars until a certain time before their allocated time slot.
• Only play on alternative rinks e.g. 1,3,5 OR 2,4,6 (keep an empty rink between rinks that are being played on).
• Maximum of six players on club premises at any one time (assuming average of two people per rink who ARE NOT from the same household). Clubs may wish to increase this number if more than two people from the SAME household are to participate on the same rink.
• No visitors/spectators to be admitted to the club.
• Capping the number of occasions, a player can book a rink each week to ensure that the available capacity is distributed fairly.
• Consider what support your members might need to play (for example those with mobility and disability challenges)
The following playing formats are in accordance with the Welsh Government guidelines:
• Individuals playing bowls on their own on a single rink
• Two individuals from TWO different households playing on a single rink (no marker)
• Members of the SAME household on a single rink (no marker unless from SAME household)
Social distancing rule must be STRICTLY ADHERED TO - you must remain at least TWO meters apart from other bowlers (who are NOT part of your household) at all times
Welsh Bowls Supplementary Guidance for Lawn Bowls – Phase 1 May 2020
Clubhouse and Facilities:
• Until further notice, all club houses must be closed
• Limit essential access (for example to use toilets and hand washing facilities) may be allowed by the club
• Sanitisers must be available for cleaning hands and equipment before and after playing
• No rubbish bins - players must take their rubbish away with them
Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to you must remain at least
2 meters apart from other bowlers (who are not part of your household) at all times.
FULL DETAILS OF THE GUIDANCE ARE ON THE TABLE IN THE
CLUB HOUSE ALONG WITH BOOKING FORMS
Sample Booking Form
Please note - Mens Team selection for the 2020 season will take place on Mondays between 7- 8pm.
Will members ensure their names are on the availability sheets in plenty of time
Finals Day 2019 Winners
- Novice - Nathan Ford
- Championship - Nathan Ford
- 2 Wood - Neil Gooding
- Handicap - Mike Poyner
- Triples Round Robin - Haydn Noonan / Wayne Saunders / Mike Cleaver
- Pairs - Neil Gooding/Alan Roberts
Eastern Valley BA - Knockout Competition Winners
Congratulations to all the players putting themselves forward in representing the club and these great wins
- Open Pairs - A Roberts/N Gooding (Croesyceiliog)
- Triples - K Jones, Malcolm Brooks, R W Berry, L Jones (Croesyceiliog)
- Fours - K Jones K Jones, R W Berry, L Jones (Croesyceiliog)
Last Modified on: 21-06-2020