Our branch of Mothers Union meets every first Thursday of the month except June, August and December, when we make arrangements for a trip and a Christmas Lunch. We meet in Torfaen Peoples Centre, Trosnant, Pontypool, which is convenient for the buses and has a car park.
Since Mothers Union is an Anglican organisation, to be fully enrolled one has to believe in Christian faith. This does not exclude anyone from coming along to join us at meetings. We welcome every one of whatever status, creed or gender. There is a Programme of guest speakers and "in-house" entertainment.
We reach the community through:
- Volunteer work with the Credit Union
- Holding services in our local nursing and residential homes
- Manning the Christian Bookshop
- Supporting Torfaen Voluntary Alliance in their activities
- We support Overseas Literacy Projects and have sent knitted teddies to Aids Orphans in Africa for Christmas
- We support the new charity, Trevethin Festivals Charity, which seeks to support culture in the area, especially by helping young musicians, by making costumes, instrument covers etc
- "Away from it all" holidays are arranged for families who need a break together at the expense of the Mothers Union.
- We helped Canon Brian Pippen to set up the local Credit Union which has now become Gateway and is throughout Torfaen and Monmouth. We still have volunteers.
For further information contact Paddy Jones:
Tel: 01495 755268
Last Modified on: 05-12-2018