Full Postal Address
Blackthorn Lodge / Hawthorn Lodge, Blackthorn Meadow, Whitehall Lane, Coed Y Paen, Pontypool Nr Usk, Monmouthshire, South Wales, United Kingdom, NP4 0SY
Travelling from the East
- Leave the M4 at Junction 25A
- Follow signs to Abergavenny A4042
Travelling from the West
- Leave the M4 motorway at junction 26 onto the A4051
- Continue onto Malpas Road - following the signs for Cwmbran/Pontypool (A4042)
- At the roundabout take the third exit onto the A4042
- Keep left then take the first exit at the next roundabout onto the A4042
Please note that these directions will take you through the town of New Inn and past Llandegfedd Lake. It will take you through wider lanes than your satnav will.
• Remain on the A4042 for 4.74 miles passing straight through 4 roundabouts. (Please do not turn right at the 4th - crematorium - roundabout as it will take you through narrow lanes with passing pull ins).
Travel straight on to the fifth roundabout (Craig-y-Felin).
Take the third exit signposted New Inn onto Newport Road and follow the signage (small black text on a white background) for Llandegfedd Reservoir.
When you come to a bend in the road turn right onto Jerusalem Lane (look for the Llandegfedd Reservoir / Coed y Paen sign) and after 400 yds approx. turn right into Sluvad Road. Do not leave this main lane for approx. 1.5 miles.
Carry on along this lane which will take you past the Llandegfedd water treatment works and then go down the hill towards the reservoir (Llandegfedd Lake).
Drive up the hill away from the reservoir (Llandegfedd Lake) and take your next main lane turning right – signposted Sor Brook / Cwmbran - and drive for 400 yards until you come to a sharp bend in the lane.
Turn left just before the bend and then take your first right through a green metal gate. You will have arrived at Blackthorn Meadow.
If you should get lost go to the Carpenters Arms (NP4 0TH). With the church on your left-hand side and the Carpenters Arms car park on your right drive to the junction and turn right. Take your next turning left – signposted Cwmbran / Sor Brook - and drive for 400 yards until you come to a sharp bend in the lane. Turn left before the bend and then take your first right through a green metal gate. You will have arrived at Blackthorn Meadow.
If you are still lost please return to the Carpenter's Arms (NP4 0TH) and contact us and we will try to give you directions over the phone or arrange to meet you at the Carpenter’s Arms which is in the village of Coed y Paen.
By Public Transport
The nearest railway station is Cwmbran. Blackthorn Meadow is not on a public transport route however it is less than 4 miles from Cwmbran railway station.
Local taxi companies include:
- A2B Taxis and Minibus Hire – with Disabled/Wheelchair Access when requested. Grange Works, Grange Industrial Estate, Cwmbran, Torfaen NP44 8HQ Tel: 01633 744034
- Chauffeur - Unit 108, Springvale Industrial Estate, Cwmbran, Gwent NP44 5BG Tel: 01633 877877
- Gwent Cars - 311 Woodside Way, Springvale Industrial Estate, Cwmbran, Torfaen NP44 5BR Tel: 01495 751010
Last Modified on: 24-01-2024